Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Winter-Blue Skies


Jan 21, 2015

After a week of gray and dreary 30- and 40-degree temperatures, I am grateful for sunshiny temps in the 60s and 70s. I do love cold weather in the winter, especially in Texas where it’s hot and sticky for so much of the year, but gray skies start to weigh me down after too many days in a row. 

Tai Chi is so great for stretching, improving energy and balance, and calming my mind, but I’m in a funk despite doing it every day. It dawned on me that to lift my mood and wake up I need to do more to get the blood flowing, so I am especially grateful for some dry, warmer days, when I could enjoy some outdoor exercise. A walk in January under winter-blue skies, with sunshine that warms the air just enough to be perfectly pleasant (and air that is dry) is a special gift. Blue skies in the winter are just so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment