Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hindsight


Feb. 1, 2015


A year ago today I was seeing spots in front of my eyes – literally, from a miniscule bit of cholesterol blocking a tiny vessel in my retina. It happened on a Friday, and for an excruciatingly long weekend, I raised my own blood pressure worrying that I had more deadly blockages floating around just waiting to hit lungs or brain (a very counterproductive thing to do when what you’re hoping not to have a cardiovascular event!). Today I’m grateful that a year later I’ve experienced no stroke or embolism, that my eyesight is mostly intact, and that the doctor I visited for the first time two weeks before the stroke recognized and treated a condition shown to increase stroke risk.



I’m also grateful we got to properly celebrate Husby’s birthday – with dinner at the restaurant where we had reservations last year but had to cancel because of the stroke. Even better, Daughter and Son-In-Law joined us … and surprised us by treating. I’m grateful for children who want to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment